Ink Spot News
Covid-19 procedures. Read carefully before your appointment.
- Category: Ink Spot News
- For your appointment, please show up about 5 minutes before the scheduled time. Knock or call and someone will unlock the door and let you in. Please do not be late as others will be schedule after you and we are trying to stagger people's arrivals to keep the lobby area free of gatherings.
- You must wear a mask at ALL TIMES during your visit while in the shop. Please make sure you have one before showing up since the disposable ones are currently in high demand at premium prices. We need the ones we have for the staff if at all possible.
- If you are sick or have any symptoms of covid-19 when showing up you will be turned away for everyone's safety and any deposit will be kept. If you are ill please tell us and we can reschedule instead of putting others at risk.
- When you arrive you will be asked to wash your hands and then fill out our regular release form as well as a few additional covid related questions.
- Please do not wear gloves and do not bring any excessive or non necessary items or food with with you. Outside food and drink is not permitted at this time
- Only the person getting work done will be permitted in the shop so be prepared. Your friends unfortunately will have to stay home.
- Due to these irregular circumstances, any last minute major changes or size upgrades to the design will not be permitted within the last 48 hours.This is in order to keep the schedule running smoothly so make sure you work out the details with your artist beforehand and that you are on the same page.
- Deposits will be accepted via etransfer for now to avoid unnecessary trips to the shop however this also means that most times we will also be foregoing regular consults in person. Due to this, keep in mind that communication is key to working out the details beforehand. If there is anything specific the artist needs to know, please tell them. We would greatly like to avoid any loss of work for the artists because of issues on appointment day.
- Piercing hours and phone hours will currently be reduced to Tue to Sat from 12-5pm . The phones will not be answered outside of these hours.
- For piercing and jewellery changes we will be operating by appointment also within strict time frames (same day is still possible just call). It will be important once in the shop to stick with getting what you are booked in for since others will most likely be scheduled after you. We want to keep things safe but also running smoothly and avoid scheduling conflicts or people waiting outside unnecessarily.
- Once in the shop please keep a 6 foot distance from other customers or employees when possible.
- For piercings that require a parent's signature, be advised that once the release form has been filled out, there will still only be the person getting pierced allowed in the shop. Make sure they will be ok on their own beforehand.
- By government stage 3 reopening protocols we can once again do most piercings at this time . However, for the safety of our staff and customers we will continue to NOT offer piercings or jewelry changes that require the removal of a mask until further notice ie. nose and oral.
- We will be booking appointments both by phone and directly through some of the artists. Once the details have been worked out and it's booked in, you will be given a time frame and date by the artist. We will then require an etransfer deposit. At that time, you will be provided with the necessary information to do so.
- We will still accept cash but we are recommending interac and cards at this time for final payment.
- Please be patient with us. We are settling into these new ways of doing things just like everyone else. We are all dealing with many more emails and correspondences than we already do. We try to answer all of them in a timely fashion but we are not always able to do so immediately. We are generally working in the day and we also have a personal life outside of the shop. Sometimes emails can also get innocently overlooked or end up in a junk folder. If you have not heard from us in roughly a week please try us again so we can get to the bottom of it. Rest assured we are not in the habit of simply not replying to people. If you require an immediate answer for anything, sometimes the best approach is to just call the shop during business hours.
- For our staff and customer's safety we reserve the right to refuse to work on anyone showing symptoms of covid-19 or refusing to abide by these guidelines . We put these in place to keep everyone safe so please respect them.